The Clerk of Tynwald’s Office is looking to recruit one or two post-holders as part of their successful 12 month intern programme. This is an opportunity open to all graduates to gain training and experience of the full range of activities and services undertaken in a modern parliament. The successful post-holder(s) will work primarily within the Chamber and Information Service team, but will have the opportunity to spend time within the various Tynwald departments and to work directly with the Clerks.
Details of parliamentary practices and procedures and the work of the Office of the Clerk of Tynwald can be found in the Tynwald Companion which is available from the Tynwald Website http://www.tynwald.org.im/links/tls/TC.
The successful candidate(s) will have:
• a flexible outlook, strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to work as a team player;
• previous experience of research, including document drafting and review;
• meticulous attention to detail;
• strong IT Skills particularly in the use of MS Word and MS Excel;
• ability to work occasional evenings, weekends and Tynwald Day; and
• qualified to first degree level, or equivalent, in any discipline, with a good work ethic. Applicants without a degree will be considered but should be able to demonstrate academic ability alongside work experience.
This post is a one year fixed term post, although a shorter period would be considered. The annual salary for this post is between £17,822 -£21,926 analogous to Isle of Man Civil Service Pay Band 4.
Note that this post is not a pensionable post.
Further particulars of the post are available here.
Application Forms can be obtained from the Clerk of Tynwald’s Office (email: email@example.com and tel: 685500) or by clicking here (pdf) or here (Word). Applications should be accompanied by a CV, and be returned by 5pm on Thursday 31st May 2018 to Mrs Ruth Donnelly, Head of Chamber and Information Service either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Legislative Buildings, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 3PW.