The Committee reserves the right to publish any evidence sent to it in the absence of any agreement that the evidence will be confidential.
Tynwald Honours Committee:
1. There shall be a Standing Committee of the Court to consider nominations of deceased persons for inclusion in the Manx Patriots‘ Roll of Honour and to recommend to Tynwald the award of honours by the Court to living persons.
2. The Committee shall be composed of the President, who shall be the chairman, the Speaker of the House of Keys and three Members.
3. The Committee shall report to Tynwald at least once during the life of each House of Keys, but not necessarily to make a recommendation.
4. Any recommendation made by the Tynwald Honours Committee shall be subject to the approval of a majority of the whole of Tynwald sitting in public and voting as one body.
5. The Committee shall be responsible for the erection and ongoing maintenance of the Manx Patriots‘ Roll of Honour which shall be maintained in a prominent position in the public part of the Precincts of Tynwald.
6. A plaque shall be placed in a prominent position at a site in the Island appropriate to the person admitted to the Roll and the Committee may consider presenting a suitable memento to the family of the person concerned.